Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I bother a math wizard for a calculation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    For general conversation, 10K square feet (quarter acre) is fine. But for a real estate listing...it has to match the number in the official records.

I suppose you are correct but there is no information given on the back lot line or any angles. Everyone seems to assume the long sides are parallel and the front is 90 degrees. I learned to read the numbers and do not assume the print is correct. If the sides are off by 15 in 200 there is no reason to assume the sides are any more parallel then that error of 7.5%

I also calculated 9778.125 feet. Two corners are 90 degrees or they would be marked as such.

Thanks all for doing that, if my father was still here would have asked him. it was his thing as a CA and Actuary. Irony he wanted to build furniture when he retired. Appreciate your help. w

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    My math:

50' x 187.833' = 9391.65 sq ft for the 'easy' part.

of course, my method for figuring a triangle didn't work

I found a calculator that came up 388.696 sq ft. from the dims, added to 9391.65 comes to

-this is the all the figures it came up with--
    tcalc.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Take the two sides, add them together, then divide by two. Then take this number and multiply by 50 to get your answer. It's hard to imagine a plot plan with dimensions given in feet and inches. Everything here is in feet, down to the hundredth.

built in 1955, that is the original survey

Did you find out if the county has an online mapping system? (typically for zoning, flood zones, etc.)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...