Thread: Missing post

Missing post

What happened to my thread with subject of "WTB SCM/MiniMax S400/500P MM16/MM20 bandsaw" in the classifieds section. I posted a reply last night, and this morning it is no longer there.
    Last edited by Jay Runde; 06-03-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    I can't find any post called "WTB SCM/MiniMax S400/500P MM16/MM20 bandsaw", do you know who listed the item?

Lee
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I remember seeing the thread in the For Sale forum, but it appears someone has moved or deleted it.

Here is a screenshot of the cached version.

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 12.21.38 AM.jpg

Just a guess....but it was posted in the Classified section.....I think I read the Op found one and got it home, so it was no longer a WTB?

It was originally posted in March I think, and yes I did post a reply that I found one, but there are posts from WEEKS ago that have items sold, and they are still there, so why remove MY post? An example: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....11-Scrub-Plane. I also asked a question and was hoping for some responses.

I did a google search, and here is a link that it shows: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?290692-WTB-SCM-MiniMax-S400-500P-MM16-MM20-bandsaw. If moderators are removing threads without asking the OP if they want it removed, it kind of makes me not want to make any further monetary contributions.
    Last edited by Jay Runde; 06-03-2021 at 8:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Runde View Post
    It was originally posted in March I think, and yes I did post a reply that I found one, but there are posts from WEEKS ago that have items sold, and they are still there, so why remove MY post? An example: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....11-Scrub-Plane. I also asked a question and was hoping for some responses.

I did a google search, and here is a link that it shows: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?290692-WTB-SCM-MiniMax-S400-500P-MM16-MM20-bandsaw. If moderators are removing threads without asking the OP if they want it removed, it kind of makes me not want to make any further monetary contributions.
    So why not just re-post your question and let folks try to answer it? This is a friendly bunch. We'll try to help.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Runde View Post

That went south quick......unless I’m missing something I wouldn’t take it personally?

I know the moderators like to keep things tidy and organized. Many times when a classified ad turns into a discussion it gets moved, your not the first. Maybe a moderator put it on hold and is putting into “General Woodworking”? From what I remember the WTB was complete and the OP wanted advice in standing it up. I only remember because I chuckled when I read it.

Maybe it has something to do with storage, data, or something like that? Like Fred said just start another post, I’m sure you’ll get tons of advice. I don’t think there was anything that needs to be searchable for the future.

I can’t imagine it’s personal in any way shape or form.

Jay, I could not find the post, I do remember seeing it. For housekeeping reasons, we do remove classifieds postings when they become several months old. We generally only remove newer posts when requested to by the OP. Please keep in mind that we are human and mistakes can happen. I have had behind the scenes "oops" moments when I clicked the wrong button. They don't happen often, but they happen.

If it was removed, it was not intentional.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

The Classifieds area is the only place where threads routinely get culled as things are sold or purchased or go off on a tangent. We do try to "catch" them, but as noted, sometimes we miss something that's stale and it lingers. The moderation team is small and human.

My suggestion is that since it sounds like you found what you were looking for and have it in your shop, create a new thread in GW&PT with questions, etc., about the machine, setup, etc.

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...