Thread: Writing reviews of Harbor Freight merchandise

Writing reviews of Harbor Freight merchandise

Just wondering how many here do that. They really like mine and have asked me to write more ! Bought a red five
    gallon bucket and they want me to do an in-depth dive into its reliability, and features. They must have really liked
    the flash-lite piece I did !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Just wondering how many here do that. They really like mine and have asked me to write more ! Bought a red five
    gallon bucket and they want me to do an in-depth dive into its reliability, and features. They must have really liked
    It depends, both for HF, Amazon, and Ebay. If item meets my expectations, then I will review it. If it doesn't, I first contact seller to resolve problem. If this doesn't work, then I will write and unfavorable review. Just did a review on Home Depot's site for a block of coconut coir. What's to review, it's coconut coir, Some reviewers complained it didn't come in a plastic wrapper, instead of a brown paper wrapper. What does that have to do with product?

I bought a "reconditioned" two-part brush-cutter plus power head from Home Depot on-line. It's like a battery-operated string trimmer where you can separate the shaft in the middle to attach the brush-cutter. The mating part of the drive shaft was mangled beyond repair. I posted a negative review describing the problem. They deleted it as not being about the product.

Every time I go to the car dealer for an oil change I get a notice to review my experience.
    One time I had an negative experience, Funny I did not get a review notice that time.

Remember years ago a story about a dealer that advertised they were "Number 1"
    When questioned what they were number one in, the answer was number one in customer complainants.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    Remember years ago a story about a dealer that advertised they were "Number 1"
    When questioned what they were number one in, the answer was number one in customer complainants.
    At least they were honest about one thing.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I only post a review if I get something (cash, reward points, etc.) in return for my time. I already gave them my hard-earned cash for their product or service. Why should I give them free publicity?

That said, without being asked I have commended Lie Nielsen and Lee Valley on this site for their products and customer service. I support companies that offer superior products and service and will gladly spread the word about them without asking for anything in return.

Blog Entries
    I only post a review if I get something (cash, reward points, etc.) in return for my time.
    One local grocery chain gives fuel discount reward points for filling out a survey. Last month three or four were done. That and shopping reward points got me a dollar per gallon discount filling up my truck. That added up to approximately $25 in savings, kind of nice.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I never do those online surveys rating service. I think its just a way to get your name and email so they can start sending you spam, and then sell your info to other third parties for more advertising.
    < insert spurious quote here >

I do the online survey to get the 50 extra fuel points. That 20 cent a gallon off plus what I get for shopping there , right now they have 4 x point on Fri and Sat
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. 👌