Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone using/sharpening PM-V11 on Pride water stones?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bulatowicz View Post
    Another good option, particularly for the back of the blade, is Autosol on a scrap of closed-grain (and flat) wood: for me, it works better and faster than the green honing compound.
    They seem to have many different products. I assume that you mean the "Metal Polish". Some say "Metal Polish" and some just say "Autosol".

Apparently the Autosol Metal Polish has particles that are 6 to 3 microns in size. Tomek Polishing paste has particles that are 3 to 1 microns in size.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bulatowicz View Post
    I have the Pride 3k and 8k waterstones, and I can confirm that they work well on my PM-V11 blades. Light pressure is all that’s needed; I apply just enough pressure to feel how the bevel is sitting on the stone.

I like to follow the 8k with additional refinement of the edge, with my chosen method depending on what kind of blade it is. If I don’t care about a little rounding off of the very edge, I might use David Weaver’s “unicorn” method with a cotton buffing wheel: this works well for the bevel on a block plane. Another good option, particularly for the back of the blade, is Autosol on a scrap of closed-grain (and flat) wood: for me, it works better and faster than the green honing compound.
    Oh nice! So glad to see this, and thank you for responding.