Thread: A Craftsman’s Legacy

A Craftsman’s Legacy

Just stumbled upon this series on YouTube hosted by Eric Gorges (apparently also on PBS). I have found it an enjoyable look at craftsman of various skills including woodworking. I have no affiliation, just thought others might enjoy it as well.

my wife LOVES that show, but I suspect that has more to do with liking the host than anything. I enjoy the show myself.

It’s a really cool show, it was on one of the local PBS station (UNC PBS) and it seems to have disappeared from all three of the local PBS stations.

Just as a FYI a member of Saw Mill was one of the featured craftsmen (Allen Holar, season 2, wood turner).

Check out their website. You may be able to view the episodes on line.

The show is coming back this year. It is going to be on YouTube.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sack View Post
    Check out their website. You may be able to view the episodes on line.
    Here is the link for those that want to check it out. https://craftsmanslegacy.com/ It is a really neat show, and it’s cool to see the different workshops and methods. PBS still shows re-runs in my area but nothing from Season 4.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Thanks, Phil.

The host Eric Gorges always asks: do you consider yourself an artist or craftsman?
    David Lamb and many others are both. Steve Latta says that he is a craftsman. But both are masters of our craft.
    I'd bet that most of the members, including me, of the Society of American Period Furniture Makers would answer as being craftsmen like Steve Latta.
    The lack of artistic creative skill does not limit us from being great craftsmen. Inspiration can come from either one.