Thread: Outdoor Dining Table

Blog Entries

Outdoor Dining Table

Looking for plans for an outdoor dining table with little success. Google, normally a good friend, was no help. Neither were any of the numerous WW magazines or websites I subscribe to.
    It's odd because I wasn't searching for anything out of the ordinary, just a rectangular one, say 8' or less in length, 3' or so wide. I was probably going to use cedar and maybe try a castle joint on the corners, my first time doing that. Girlfriend already has some metal chairs that she likes, so I don't need plans for those. Any help or information would be appreciated. Thanks. Mark

Try searching Youtube, there are several videos on building outdoor dining tables, some might have plans. Here's one which does. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4bqEAWtWwY

There is another current thread on the same subject, be sure to look at it.

Can’t find it ,myself. Anybody know what happened to it ?
    Last edited by Mel Fulks; 05-29-2021 at 5:12 PM.

Here's another one with plans.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvzv5Np9q1w

Blog Entries
    Thanks Doug! I wasn't going to make one with folding legs but that
    Bourbon guy was fun to watch.

Yeah, he is a character. I think if you search a bit on Youtube you should find something that meets your needs. If no plans you could reverse engineer it from the video.

Blog Entries
    IMG_2057.jpgIMG_2056.jpgIMG_2028.jpgThe outdoor table is done. Breadboard ends with haunched tenons. The legs are joined to the frame by M&T with oak pegs. The table is made of clear(mostly) cedar which was expensive and tough to find in central PA. I learned the hard way that drawboard technique should NOT be used with cedar, it's too soft and weak. The first peg I hammered through blew off a big chunk of wood. The SS drawer was worth it. I figured since it's outside and has to deal with humidity swings, a metal one with plastic runners was the way to go.

Nicely done! Your design, or did you find a plan?
    jeff