Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laguna LT24 Bandsaw

I currently have a Grizzly G0513x2. I don’t want to bash Grizzly as they have some very dedicated followers. But it’s never been a great saw. It’s just ok.

I’m going to keep the Grizzly for now with a smaller blade for curves. But I want a dedicated saw for panels and lumber breakdown.

I’ve found one Laguna LT24 used but it’s several hours away and trying to get information out of the guy is like drying to draw water from a rock.

Thanks for the feedback thus far. The tool dealers are still advertising the Laguna as “Italian”.

I’ll probably have to bite the bullet and talk to a salesperson. It’s so hard to tell what your getting for spending a couple thousand more.

Spoke to my buddy about the Laguna 24 versus Grizzly 24 and he said the Grizzly/Shop Fox was just as good performance wise. His Grizzly is newer than his Laguna. He said he abused that Grizzly and it just keeps on going. According to him the Laguna just has nicer fit and finish in addition to things like nicer knobs and levers and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Griffey View Post
    I’ve bought a couple machines from Hammer in the last seven years. There’s always something that needs attention after the machine is delivered.

Customer service through Hammer was a nightmare. That’s why I’m asking.
    I'm getting to the point where this would be enough to look elsewhere.

I have owned a LT18 since 2001 and it has been a great machine. No problems with customer service with my one and only call about the machine. One of the ceramic guides came loose and the CS guy instructed me to use gel super glue. Fine since then. I would buy another one in a heartbeat since they are stout beasts.
    There were a lot complaints at one time about their customer service, but like any good company, got their act together. Still a class act.