Thread: Used Jet Band Saw Pricing

Used Jet Band Saw Pricing

All - frequent reader, but first time poster. Is this band saw fairly priced? I have been searching google and can't find another 14 inch Jet band saw like this with a 2HP motor/ is it normal for the motor to protrude from the cabinet like that?

https://denver.craigslist.org/tls/d/...321974179.html

Thanks!

Surprised I don't see any replies. Anyways, I've never seen that before. The motor was likely replaced wit the 2 hp motor for resawing. If it's a good motor and the saw runs well, I might offer him 400, especially if it's a Baldor motor. It's an older Jet, but does have some add-ons.

I don’t know much about that particular saw, but it appears to be very well cared for and otherwise agree with everything Derek stated. Surprised it hasn’t sold in the 12 days it’s been listed. Wouldn’t hurt to offer $350-400, but I think it’s a pretty good deal at the asking price.

Only issue I see is it's missing the blade guard, something that could be shop made. Suspect the original was taken off when the riser block was added. If it's available you could use it to make a new longer one.

That looks like a very clean saw. The Taiwan stuff is pretty nice compared to most of the Chinese, and it is vintage. I think $450 is more than fair and I am also surprised it hasn't been snapped up by now. If you are close by, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it before it is gone.
    David