Thread: There be an evil presense ..

There be an evil presense ..

IF you happen to be driving by Springfield, OH on I-70......you will see signs of it near a town called Harmony, OH....exit is at US 40.

How evil...? There are not one huge Antique Center/Mall.....not two.....there are three such places....two are related, and are on Titus Rd....
    3 Store Rust Hunt, the big picture.JPG
    3 Store Rust Hunt, bin fulls.JPG
    3 Store Rust Hunt, by the rack full.JPG
    3 Store Rust Hunt, carpenter stuff.JPG
    3 Store Rust Hunt, fancy block planes.JPG
    3 Store Rust Hunt, fancy drill.JPG
    3 Store Rust Hunt, need a drill.JPG
    3 Store Rust Hunt, need a saw.JPG

I spent an entire afternoon....wandering around in all three places.....Heart of Ohio, and American Antiques, stores No. 1 and No. 2.....admission and parking is free.

One Rule....IF something is locked up in a glass case, price tends to triple. I did see a Bedrock No. 603 sitting out on a table...$185.00 + Tax.

They were still requiring you to wear a mask, though....and..you WILL tend to get lost back in there.....

You have been warned...

When I come, I will need a guide, necromancer, and magical amulet to accompany me.

So bring an exorcist, a wizard and the holy ghost.

BTDT. Left with less $$$ in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    ]

..you WILL tend to get lost back in there.....

You have been warned...
    The Metadata on these photos says they were taken in your basement. Nice to see Spring cleaning pays off...

Items that I spent a bit of cash on....($85.00)
    Birthday Rust HUnt, Brown & Sharps.JPG
    Brown & Sharps...
    Birthday Rust Hunt, Stanley #4.JPG
    Stanley #4, T-20
    Birthday Rust Hunt, #80.JPG
    Stanley No. 80

Just across the road ( US 40) in Harmony, OH. there also yet another Antique Store, and a Farmer's Market.

I had to make sure I kept moving in these places.....else they would have put a price tag on this old goat....and...NO....Abe Lincoln was not my Driver's Ed Teacher.....

Steven,

After thinking about Jim Matthew's post, listing the possibility that the photos were taken in your basement, and looking at the photos, I have concluded that Jim is not correct.

Your bench gets a tiny bit like the last photo in the string that you posted, but the similarity is extremely limited. For one thing, the top of your workbench is wooden, and it is a natural wood color, whereas the last photo above shows a blue top. Thus it could not possibly be your bench. Further, you have built enough tool storage that your tools never end up like that last photo.

At any rate, the photos are great, I would love to go to those places, but it isn't going to happen any time in the remotely near future.......sigh. Maybe someday, but not any time remotely soon, but from what you wrote, it sounds like prices could have been high enough that it is probably a lot safer for me that I can't go there anytime in the near future.

At any rate, a fun set of photos to look at. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks and regards,

Stew
    Last edited by Stew Denton; 05-27-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks for the report Steven. I'm jealous of anyone who loves near such a place.

Any chance you have some more details in your pics? I'd love to read the description and prices on those tags.

I was too busy shopping to take any notes....and trying NOT to wind up lost in one of the 3 stores....