Thread: Throw theses Trex samples out?

Blog Entries

Throw theses Trex samples out?

We are having a Trex deck installed. During course of the choosing a color we accumulated about 25 samples, each about 3” x 5”.
    Is there any possible use for these?6DB87466-0433-4095-AE63-21E7F4B3C62E.jpg
    Dennis

make birdhouses.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Someone with a CNC could probably make little doodads of some kind out of them, or a kid might find them amusing the way they are. I know I would have liked them as a kid.

Heavy and balanced weight makes them great for turning spin tops on the lathe.

DSC02109.JPG

When I did my deck, I kept a few pieces of the wide and smooth faced fascia trim material around. It works well for jig parts since it machines well and can be tapped. Like most plastic like materials, it makes a mess and the chips stick to everything by static. I also used small pieces on the bottoms of the legs of the elevated garden beds I made to keep the end grain of the legs away from the ground.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

They look like - inserts for the drill press aux table that can be tossed away after they get all chewed up....

Mind you - so do my wife's coasters & just about anything else in the house right now.

The --why? - of this is simple.

I just got a new drill press & I'm making a new table for it....
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I used a small piece to make a sliding foot for the rear pad of my table saw. get enough and make a vertical grain block floor for the shop.
    Bill D

http://kaswell.com/about-us/history-of-woodblock/