Thread: And now I wait....

And now I wait....

With my bonus money burning a hole in my pocket and worries about rising tool prices, I went ahead and took the plunge this week end.

I ordered both a Festool Domino (500) and a Makita cordless track saw from ToolNut.

The Domino is not my first drink of the the green Kool-Aid, but I will have to wait until Nov 26.

The Makita will be here at the end of July.

Excellent tools. Both will be very handy I’m sure.

Blog Entries
    I'm very happy with my Makita cordless track saw. It's a terrific tool and has given great results.
    I haven't taken the Domino plunge yet.

These delays for everything are crazy!

At work all of our developers are ordering for prototypes and everything has a long lead time.

I decided to order a hand plane and when I went through what Lie Nielson had in stock, I quickly realized there was nothing in stock and everything had a long lead time. Luckily, I decided on the Veritas and they had the low angle jack plane that I wanted but little stock of most hand planes.

Surely, things will start getting back to normal by the end of the year.

The Domino is currently in stock at Hartville Hardware - https://www.hartvilletool.com/product/17211 if you don't want to wait till November

I love my cordless Makita track saw.
    For some reason, it just seems handier than my Festool corded saw - despite the fact that both are tethered by a dust hose.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon