Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Honda EU6500is Generator

Thanks John, believe me I tried and have been on that site.

All those places are ones that special order racing fuel in 5 gallon sealed cans, crazy expensive.

I thought you were talking about an actual gas station that has it for a semi normal price. If we have those I have never found one. Last time I was in North Carolina we found tons of options that was ethanol free with no “road” tax. Not here.

If one does exist I’d travel a decent distance and stock up for the year for all my small engines. The racing fuel was crazy per gallon when I asked about it. There were a few 50-60 miles away in New York on that site. I called them all and same thing, they only had the racing fuel in sealed cans.

I wish I could.....

These are normal, everyday gas stations. Most pumps are labeled “Up to 10% ethanol” but they have special pumps clearly marked “Pure gasoline - no ethanol”. I use it in all chain saws, weedeaters, leaf blower, 4-wheelers, tiller, sawmill, pumps, etc.

It’s crazy, unfortunate, and seems unfair in your area. Are the gas station owners just too cheap to install the pumps and tanks? There is a healthy demand for alcohol-free gas here so a lot of companies added it when they built new stations. For example many of the Weigle’s stations all over this area carry it in their newest stores. I have bought it from 4 local gas stations. Btw, a few years back a couple of stations operators told me none of their gas contained alcohol although that wasn’t advertised so I bought a little test kit - it always tested good.

Could it be that some regulation exists in your part of the country that discourages gas without alcohol, maybe pressured by the industries that profit from ethanol production?

Quote Originally Posted by Jebediah Eckert View Post
    Thanks John, believe me I tried and have been on that site.

All those places are ones that special order racing fuel in 5 gallon sealed cans, crazy expensive.

I thought you were talking about an actual gas station that has it for a semi normal price. If we have those I have never found one. Last time I was in North Carolina we found tons of options that was ethanol free with no “road” tax. Not here.

If one does exist IÂ’d travel a decent distance and stock up for the year for all my small engines. The racing fuel was crazy per gallon when I asked about it. There were a few 50-60 miles away in New York on that site. I called them all and same thing, they only had the racing fuel in sealed cans.

I wish I could.....

I don’t know for sure, but I’m guessing ethanol free gas can’t be sold here? I could be wrong but I gave up trying to find it within say an hour or so drive.

For laughs I called again on the racing fuel, but it was almost $20 a gallon when bought that way.

Blog Entries
    It may be easier and faster to just replace the carb. They are dirt cheap these days. You can clean up the old one or just toss it. I think I paid about $15 to replace the one on my old generator.

I don’t know for sure, but I’m guessing ethanol free gas can’t be sold here? I could be wrong but I gave up trying to find it within say an hour or so drive.

For laughs I called again on the racing fuel, but it was almost $20 a gallon when bought that way.
    Maybe someone driving up your way with a trailer? ...

Blog Entries
    Look aound your local race track it you have one.
    Find out what/where they get their fuel
    Years ago one of he local stations stocked 76 Racing Fuel for the local tracl.

Howard Garner

That’s the only way I can think of.

Check with local Fixed Base Operators (FBO) at your local general aviation terminals and municipal airports. They will still probably* retail 100LL Avgas. It has zero corn content as far as I know. It won't be cheap, relative to corner store auto fuel, but if you only need a little...?

*- Uncle Sugar (EPA) has been trying to rid the world of this for ages, but its still here - powering all those evil Cessnas.

It’s worth a try. Thanks.