Thread: Brusso Hinges

Brusso Hinges

I occasionally build a box and have been using Brusso JB-102 stop hinges on them. In the past, I purchased the hinges at Rockler and they were $31 and change. Yesterday, I went to Rockler to get a pair of hinges and the JB-102 hinges were $47.99. That's almost a $17 increase, over 50%. I found them at Hardware Source for $31.30 (but I had to pay shipping).

I thought maybe they were just mismarked on the shelf but I checked the web site and, yep, they're listed for $47.99.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Mike,

I also use Brusso stop hinges in my box projects and I usually use the JB-103. I buy them directly from Brusso. The JB-102 is $29.99 + $8.60 shipping USPS Priority Mail. and the JB -103 is $31.99 + $8.60 to So. Florida. We don't have a Rockler or a Woodcraft in my neck of the woods.

That is a lot unless it's a special box. Somebody looking for a side gig could make a quality hinge and sell it on the internet. I wonder what other options are? I do know people love Brusso though.

Have you checked Horton Brass? I have not bought box hinges, but a lot of other nice brass hinges and pulls from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Citerone View Post
    That is a lot unless it's a special box. Somebody looking for a side gig could make a quality hinge and sell it on the internet. I wonder what other options are? I do know people love Brusso though.
    You betcha. They are fantastic. Agree about the 'special box' sentiment but some peeps (and boxes) are worth it.

Blog Entries
    Listed as 29.99 on their website.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.