Thread: Acrylic Repair

Acrylic Repair

Anyone have experience repairing acrylic bathtubs?

I'm doing a remodel in the bathroom and the drain wouldn't unscrew from the tub so I ended up cutting it with a dremel and taking it out in pieces. I accidentally nicked the tub in a couple places and would like to repair it before putting in a new drain. Trouble is I have no experience doing acrylic repair.....help!
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Jerry there are many companies that repair acrylic tubs. I had to get one for a job I hap issues with when I was contracting.
    Look around for bathtub repairs and acrylic repair. They’re out there.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Was hoping to complete the repair this weekend. After watching the video Bert linked to and searching Amazon for the product I found a video for a product that's available at the local Borg. We'll give it a try later today. Wish me luck.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

good luck
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander