Thread: Which Air Filtration is Better??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    I don't know the specs on your fan, but doubt it can move enough air to actually need the total area provided by your proposed internal plenum.[/I]
    I suspect you're right about that.

I've taken lots of data with the Lasko fan and various filters. I have no data for the multiple filter arrangement but that won't stop me from speculating! So, making an assumption about the actual fan curve I get this:
    More Filters 2.jpg
    It looks like a case of diminishing returns for more than two filters with the difference between three and four not really worth worrying about. I would just skip the top filter and make it a solid top.

@OP, Did I read correctly, you're a RN with a wood stove in your house and don't have an AQ sensor?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by David L Morse; 10-11-2021 at 11:49 AM. Reason: More info on chart
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.