Thread: Grizzly Announces Price Increases

Grizzly Announces Price Increases

A Message From Our President

Dear Customer,

This year has proven to be no less challenging than 2020 for businesses and customers alike. Supply chain disruptions across the globe continue to rile the manufacturing and transportation of goods in every industry. These disruptions have caused record backorders on everything from children’s toys to appliances to woodworking and metalworking machinery. There is no industry untouched by these disruptions.

The unprecedented demand for goods, coupled with the restricted supply chain over the last fifteen months has not only impacted supply speed, but now rapid increases in raw material costs and transportation expenses are causing financial impacts in every aspect of business. The price of steel is up over 30%, copper 35% and the cost of shipping has quadrupled; just about every other cost for producing and moving goods continues to rise with no signs of slowing.

Grizzly has absorbed these cost increases on most goods for as long as possible, but we can no longer hold off on increasing our prices. In some cases, these increases are significant, but I can assure you we have done everything in our power to minimize increases wherever possible before passing additional costs on to the customer.

We are committed to providing a product you can trust by supplying high-quality tools at affordable prices with outstanding customer service. We will continue to work tirelessly to increase supply and minimize cost impacts wherever we can.

Thank you for your business and ongoing support.

Best Regards,
    Robert McCoy
    President
    Grizzly Industrial, Inc.

I have no idea what this means moving forward, other than now might be the time to pull the trigger, or it could be in a year from now, assuming things calm down.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 05-20-2021 at 8:42 PM. Reason: Defaulted text formatting so it's readable on larger screens.

I’m not sure what that means, as in more price increases coming or explaining the ones already raised. Most all heavy machinery has gone up 10-15% in the past 6 months on grizzly’s website. It’s not unexpected.

One thing it means is that the price of used machinery is going to go up too. Great of us old timers with too much stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    One thing it means is that the price of used machinery is going to go up too. Great of us old timers with too much stuff!
    I must have missed the memo. How can you have too much stuff?

I think you're going to see every mfg raise their prices. Maybe someday they will come back down but I don't think it'll be until the economy cools way down. I'm assuming that the brands like Powermatic, Laguna, Grizzly, etc had at least a 10% buffer since they were offering 10% off discounts a couple times a year (until recently). But that buffer is now gone.

At least Grizzly has put information out there even if we all already knew it, so this kinda tells us there will be another price increase. Heck what hasn't gone up, other then my wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    I must have missed the memo. How can you have too much stuff?
    It's easy when you have been doing it for almost 50 years, 8 of those running a woodworking business. I have 3 different Keller dovetail jigs, 1 Porter-Cable dovetail jig, a Leigh dovetail jig, Incra fence that makes dovetails, and a Pantorouter that can make dovetails. That's just a single example.
    Last edited by Richard Coers; 05-22-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    It's easy when you have been doing it for almost 50 years, 8 of those running a woodworking business. I have 3 different Keller dovetail jigs, 1 Porter-Cable dovetail jig, a Leigh dovetail jig, Incra fence that makes dovetails, and a Pantorouter that can make dovetails. That's just a single example.
    This made me laugh. Just today, I was turning over a pile looking for something and discovered a laser level I forgot I bought. Just a little 6" thing, but still...

Only 48 years here.

Was in my neighbor's shop the other day and he had at least a dozen leigh dovetail jigs hanging on the wall. He basically just sets one up and doesn't touch it. He would just price it into the job. Now he has dovetail machine and hasn't used any of the Leighs in years. Now that he's kind of winding down his business sooner or later he's going to have to liquidate some of the stuff like that. As a hobbyist who's getting close to what I wanted for tools I can see selling to upgrade.