Thread: Angled side apron?

Angled side apron?

I’m in the design stage of a kitchen table for my son. He’d like the legs angled in slightly on the ends of the table. Something like this:

DB9FA824-942F-4F0E-8C22-5B503D0A4449.jpg

I’d like to add side aprons for stability. Probably just a couple of inches. Should they be angled as well or connected in some way to the angled legs square? Probably doesn’t matter, just fishing for initial thoughts.

I'd push the side aprons inboard a few inches, so they're mostly not seen. That seems more true to the design than putting them out at the edge. And because the aprons are mostly not seen, it doesn't matter whether they're vertical or tilted.

Phil, I have a project in mind for the future with similar question. I think you have to consider how many degrees off 90 you will be, and its likely only a few, and therefore not very noticeable. But here is a recent thread on a building a stool with splayed legs that has a simple way of cutting the angles I thought was worth noting. https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....%92t-so-simple
    < insert spurious quote here >

Thanks gents! I’ll put the aprons in as far as possible, and Scott, thanks for the link. I think that’s the way to go.