Thread: Cracked drawers

Cracked drawers

Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

If you want to sell art furniture, you need a niche or a gimmick. Since that has been done for decades, he's chasing a gimmick.

It's still pretty cool. A lot of work goes into it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I don't build cabinets.

It looks like most of the parts are solid wood. What will that chest of drawers look like when the humidity goes up?

I can imagine working extra hours for a year to buy one of those pieces for my wife. She would be thrilled, and love me more, because I bought something so expressive for her to store her swim suits in.

August rolls around, we are invited to a beach party on the ocean with people my wife wants to impress. She spent three years at the gym getting bikini ready for this party. The party day rolls around, and we are getting ready.

The drawers are all swollen shut from wood movement. Go to the party in sweat pants, or make kindling? smash smash smash. Hero me rescues another bikini, something I am known for.

It's not for me but I greatly admire the creativity and skill it takes to execute a build like that. I applaud the artist for finding his niche and being successful.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I agree with Brian. Not my taste, kind of funny, and I'm very impressed with the imagination and craft involved. -Howard

Quote Originally Posted by William Hodge View Post
    I don't build cabinets.

It looks like most of the parts are solid wood. What will that chest of drawers look like when the humidity goes up?

I can imagine working extra hours for a year to buy one of those pieces for my wife. She would be thrilled, and love me more, because I bought something so expressive for her to store her swim suits in.

August rolls around, we are invited to a beach party on the ocean with people my wife wants to impress. She spent three years at the gym getting bikini ready for this party. The party day rolls around, and we are getting ready.

The drawers are all swollen shut from wood movement. Go to the party in sweat pants, or make kindling? smash smash smash. Hero me rescues another bikini, something I am known for.
    I'll bite. Why are those drawers going to be a problem?
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Pollack View Post
    I agree with Brian. Not my taste, kind of funny, and I'm very impressed with the imagination and craft involved. -Howard
    +2. Not my gig at all. But it takes skill to pull off what he's done, as well as he has.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis McDonaugh View Post
    I'll bite. Why are those drawers going to be a problem?
    I'm wondering the same thing. Don't most of us build solid wood drawers? It looks like there is plenty of space around the ones that are shown pulled out. I can't imagine he has the ability to design and build those, but not account for wood movement.