Thread: Lee Valley Drill Press Table and Fence

Lee Valley Drill Press Table and Fence

For the longest time I was meaning to build a table and fence for my Craftsman 150 drill press. It’s a very good drill press and especially versatile with the slow speed 3rd pulley. However the table is, to say the least, inadequate for woodworking. Well, this or that intervened and I never got around to it. But then I was working on a project that absolutely required a larger table and adjustable fence, so after calculating the cost and time of building one I decided to buy Lee Valley’s (Item 86N8002).

First impression: wow! It fit perfectly (not all manufactured tables are sized for this press), rock-solid, the fence is infinitely adjustable, the tracks are well positioned and the accessories are decent. Bottom line: I couldn’t have built a comparable one for less. Kudos to Lee Valley.

Does look like a pretty decent deal. If you can get it, I recommend getting a 2nd stop. There have been many times when I need to drill a hole on each side of a board and repeat the operation for many repetitions. That 2nd stop saves a lot of time in that scenario.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I wish i hadn't read this. I've lusted for a WP DP table for several years. The one i built 10 years or so ago was clunky, then there was an old Rockler table with the used DP that replaced my original HF DP. Might have to take a look again--the fence system would be a treat all by itself.
    earl