Thread: Which router for INCRA "the works" router table fence combo ?

Which router for INCRA "the works" router table fence combo ?

I have planned on purchasing the INCRA router table & fence combo 3 that they call "the works" (the inches version) using the Mast-R-Lift II Router Lift when I build my shop. I had planned on getting the PC 7518 as a dedicated router for this setup but I've been hearing about more recent quality issues with this router and now I see INCRA is no longer even selling them from their site and can't get the from Amazon.

Which router in the ~3+ hp range would you prefer for dedicated use in this router setup ?
    https://www.incrementaltools.com/Pro...e=RTCOMBO-3-TW

Thanks in advance for your input !

bump - looking for any input out there for dedicated 3+hp routers for INCRA lift or any routers that'll fit this lift/combo. Just noticing some recent quality issues for the PC 7518 & even the Milwaukee 5625-20 with motors and switches and seeing if these are really non-issues or if you have other router suggestions you'd prefer

thanks again

Porter Cable has exited the router market. They had well-known VS electronics reliability problems.

The Milwaukee 5625 has had some problems with the power switch, but there are an awful lot of them running just fine out there...

In terms of high-volume manufactured 3hp+ routers, the 5625 looks like the only one left.

There are other router motors (without bases) sold for dedicated use in router tables, but I'd bet their total volume (all sources) pales in comparison with the 5625. However, many of them seem to get good reviews.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

I struggled through this decision process, after reading the decidedly mixed reviews of the various competitors (in the sense of ranging the gamut from excellent to horror stories), and ended up with the Milwaukee 5625. So far so good. In my setup I almost never have need to touch the switch on the router since I control it with a foot switch, so I hope it will last a long time!

Seems like an unmet market niche, a 3-1/2 HP bare router with an external switch and speed control would fill a need for quite a few people.

On a side note, I added the Incra dust hood to my new saw table lift and I'm very pleased with the chip and dust collection from under the table just with a shop-vac. Soon I'll re-do my DC piping to connect directly to it. I could have made something but this was slick, quick, and easy to add, so I don't regret it.

Blog Entries
    I've got the Millwaukee in my Kreg table with the Mastr Lift. It's very good.

Mike

It appears that Incra recommends (at least lists as options) 2 Milwaukee brand routers. If I were buying the table/fence system right now, I'd probably just get one of their router options; probably the 3 1/4 HP Milwaukee. Incra has a long-term excellent reputation and I think that it would be unlikely they would sell a router they didn't think was high quality and suitable for their fence/table system. I bought mine about 6 years ago and bought the PC 7218 motor from Incra, which, at the time, seemed to be a great option based on router history and research I did at that time. The point is, though, that Incra sold that motor with their system for many years because they believed it was a high quality option.

Many thanks to all if the inputs !