Thread: Lee Valley in stock???

Lee Valley in stock???

I got an email from Lee Valley this morning about restoring an old saw. One of the product links was their sharpening files, and I've been looking to buy a set for a while.
    Currently, their set of 6 with a roll is showing Out of Stock - Expected October 4th. However, if you look at each individual file (and the roll), they are all available for immediate shipment.
    Same thing on their large router plane (with a set of blades and box), expected July 2nd, but each individually is in stock.

Am I missing something here? Because the sets are priced less than when purchased individually, are they just trying to make more?
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Schoenthal View Post
    I got an email from Lee Valley this morning about restoring an old saw. One of the product links was their sharpening files, and I've been looking to buy a set for a while.
    Currently, their set of 6 with a roll is showing Out of Stock - Expected October 4th. However, if you look at each individual file (and the roll), they are all available for immediate shipment.
    Same thing on their large router plane (with a set of blades and box), expected July 2nd, but each individually is in stock.

Am I missing something here? Because the sets are priced less than when purchased individually, are they just trying to make more?
    Could it be that when they are manufactured they are packaged as a single unit versus a set is packaged as a single unit? The price differential to package 6 individually versus cost of packaging a set of 6 may account for the difference OR they might be willing to discount to account for the fact that you are buying a set versus buying a single one?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

They are pre-packaged as a unit, the files come in the roll sealed up in a plastic bag. I just had a set delivered last week after a time on back order. They might be focusing on filling the back orders before opening up sales on the site.

I have the roll up for my saw files and really like it to protect the file's teeth from the viscitudes of life in my shop.

You might call them up and ask if you can have the package price from buying all the parts separately. The company may have so much tied up in packaging expense that they simply cannot do that, but you could ask.

Blog Entries

Hi -

File set - ll components are in stock - In good quantity.

There has been what I can only term a "brain fart" with the item configuration, creating an infinite loop in the inventory. This is something I've never seen since we first started using computers.....

The product is configured as a set - with one component. That component is also set - consisting of a roll, plus the original component. Boom - brain explodes....

It will be corrected quickly!!

geez....

Cheers -

Rob
    Last edited by Rob Lee; 05-18-2021 at 1:21 PM.

Router Plane -

All in stock - except for the 3/4" blade. This is a "ship complete" set - so if you order it - it will reserve all items that are in stock - but will wait for any missing items before shipment.

This is something customer service can override - but it has to be done manually and can be done on request.

"Ship Complete" is done to prevent the system from from sending blades without the plane....or planes without any blades etc.

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Router Plane -

All in stock - except for the 3/4" blade. This is a "ship complete" set - so if you order it - it will reserve all items that are in stock - but will wait for any missing items before shipment.

This is something customer service can override - but it has to be done manually and can be done on request.

"Ship Complete" is done to prevent the system from from sending blades without the plane....or planes without any blades etc.

Cheers -

Rob

Good to hear from the man himself. Cheers Rob.