Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Know The tag numbers on your vehicles?

Blog Entries

Do You Know The tag numbers on your vehicles?

It is raining and I went to check and see if my windows are up on my F150.
    I saw the tag on the truck and realized I do not remember the tag number.
    I had it written someplace, but now I have it in my bill fold and my sock drawer.,

Blog Entries
    I know mine, but not the wife's.
    Howard Garner

chronic problem. I now take a photo of plate and keep it on my phone. VIN as well.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Blog Entries
    In Washington every few years the state sends new plates. Not sure if this has something to do with all the rain causing road dirt to cover plates or just something to keep people in the prisons busy.

It is hard to remember when they change every few years.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Yep. I know the plates on my car, hubby's truck and 2 of the motorcycles.

No.

My Wife rented a car for a trip a few years ago to a dog show National. She ended up with a Cadillac SUV. It had a push button to start, and turn off, and buttons to change gears. When she got back in it the second time, it wouldn't start. She had pushed the button to turn it off, but hadn't pushed the button to put it in Park first.

My truck is old enough that it has a fob you have to push the button on to lock, and unlock the doors, if you don't want to use the one on the door. I just keep a single key in my pocket when I lock it, to unlock it with. The fob is not that large, but larger than I want to have in my pocket. Her car now unlocks when she gets close to it.

sorry, Wrong thread.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 05-16-2021 at 8:10 PM.

Plate numbers yes, tag numbers no way. They change every year.
    Bill D

I don’t know my own blood type. (Do you?) It must be written down somewhere. Call the DMV.

There was a time when I remembered such things. The only tag I know now was from a long time ago. It started with JKB. I remembered it by the mnemonic “Janice Kisses Better”. She remembers that tag too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    There was a time when I remembered such things. The only tag I know now was from a long time ago. It started with JKB. I remembered it by the mnemonic “Janice Kisses Better”. She remembers that tag too.
    Something similar for me. Our cars tag started with the letters EZW. Wife decided it stood for Easy Woman. Been on the garage wall for at least a decade. Currently have 4 vehicles with tags and I couldn’t say what any of them were.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

All our vehicles have personalized specialty plates. Easy to remember and maybe gives a shout out to a cause we think is important.

https://iowadot.gov/mvd/vehicleregis...tes/chooselife
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

Yes, for both vehicles. They are both customer; one being an alumni association plate and the other being a "vanity" tag. I do not have my trailer tag memorized nor do I have the "new" tag on the vehicle our daughter drives memorized, either.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    We have a vanity tag that easy to remember. But before that, I couldn’t have told you. ours is “ABIRCH”. The guy that built the main house back in 1860 was Almond Birch. It probably confuses folks but we can remember it.

I love trying to figure out vanity plates.

- A hunter friend back in Kansas had “POACHER”. He claimed it drove the fish and game guys nuts.
    - I saw a tag once “NFUGUE” that made no sense until I noticed it was on a Honda Prelude.
    - guy down the street had the nerdiest one. “PLYADZ” translates to the Pleiades constellation. Again it makes no sense until you see that it’s on a Subaru. That still makes no sense unless you know that the Japanese name for the constellation is Subaru.
    Last edited by Roger Feeley; 05-17-2021 at 9:13 AM.

Nope.

Got 8 cars, and don't know any of them. I have all the info in the file cabinet, and if stolen when I am away from home any police car can look it up in seconds. But I do know my blood type, my DL number, SS number, my employee number from work (retired 20 years) and my address.

What bothers me though is that I used to know the phone numbers of dozens of people/places, but since cell phones...it's gone. I don't even know my kids phone numbers without going to the cell phone.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I’ll bite, what bikes do you have?

I have

1930 James

1975 Norton Commando

1976 BMW R90/6

2013 BMW F750GS

Regards, Rod