Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Know The tag numbers on your vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    I don’t know my own blood type. (Do you?) It must be written down somewhere. Call the DMV.

Doug you need to get an ID bracelet with your blood type and emergency contacts on it. Very important to know your blood type
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I know my blood type. A-, easy to remember because I am almost perfect
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Just put new tags on the wifes suv. seven numbers with one leading letter. I think the letter is for the year. Surprised me that they do not use letters for the tags. I bet it has been 50 years since California gave out new plates every year. Now they just give you a paper tag to go on the existing plate. I suppose it has reduced the number of old plates nailed onto barns in the state.
    Bill D

I have a silver Honda Accord. I had to memorize the license plate since it looks like a quarter of the cars in a parking lot.

The other 3/4 vehicles are F150's. All black or grey.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I've had the same number on my vehicles since my first car in 1984. My mom got numbers from the DMV back in 68, and when I got my first car (a 1969 Ford XL sedan) I got the plate transfered from my grandpa's pickup to my car.

In Idaho, each county issues their own numbers, which start at 1 and go up. These are not personalized, but are part of the normal scheme. The first one or two digits identify the county, such as 1L for Latah or 1A for Ada (Boise area). My mom was able to get four 2 digit numbers from Twin Falls county (2T) - 68, 69, 75 and 85. I have 69 on my car, and my mom has 75 on her car and 85 on her pickup. 68 passed back to the DMV when my grandparents passed away years ago.

Idaho also requires you to buy new plates every 7 years, and you can only buy plates in the county of issue, so every 7 years my mom renews the plates for me and sends them up. Once she's gone I'll have to decide if I want to keep the number, and have to drive 420 miles to renew, or let it go.

Derek

Blog Entries
    I have a 1/2 ton black F150.

When we moved from FL to TN and I registered my bikes.

Blood Type AB rh-ve

Bo idea what my regular vehicle tags are, have pictures of them, plus the Vin and Insurance cards in my iPhone.

I'm thinning the herd on my bikes, still in the garage

2015 Ducati Panigale 1299S (sale pending )
    2015 Ducato Multistrada 1200S
    2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 (sale pending)
    2007 Ducati 1098S
    1998 Yamaha R1
    1993 Bimota DB2
    1975 Hinda CB400F

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    ...my employee number from work (retired 20 years)
    We didn't have those, but I do remember my student ID number from college and my dad's Air Force serial number from before they changed to SSNs.

(Not to mention the SSN of my ex, from 15 years of doing our taxes. Ugh.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.