Thread: bead board kitchen cab doors

Cool bead board kitchen cab doors

morning,
    so i was looking at buying replacement doors, but what i fond online so far is pretty expensive (30$ sq foot)

the ones i have on the cabinets are white.
    big box stor sells what looks like the exact same bead board, sooooooooooo
    i can make the door frames i think from poplar, and use the whit bead board.
    my question is painting the frames. the existing doors are factory, and i guess they painted
    them after the bead board was installed,
    would anyone have recommendations for what kind of sprayer and a good quality paint?
    should i mask off the beadboard, since it is already white?
    might be a good excuse to buy the equipment for spraying

Regards
    Eric

Another all white kitchen....well just not to my taste. I'd get two slightly different colors (could be varieties of white) and paint the frames in the darker shade. A little more interesting that way.

My guess is that if you try to match the color of the beadboard you will miss it by a little anyway. In any case I'd paint then assemble to reduce the chances of runs or thin spots.

By saying prefinished, are you talking about the hardboard, or primed wood. I don't see how the hardboard is not going to look cheap, and the box store plywood beaded board requires a Lot of sanding.

There is a Much better quality plywood beaded board panel. It doesn't come preprimed, but you can roll it pretty easily, if you don't spray it. This panel is available on special order from a good, regular building supplier. It costs about $15 more per panel, the last time I bought any, but it saves that much in prep work. There are no football patches in it either, plus it's a wee bit thicker, and stiffer.

We find the easiest thing to sand the primer, and get down in the grooves of the beads is a sanding sponge with the angled edges. One pass the length of the piece in one direction, and another going the other way smooths the grooves right out.

If you can't find the manufacturer of that better panel, I can call my supplier to find out. Let me know.

I would spray SW Pro Classic with an airless rig using a FFLP tip.