Thread: Laguna PX|12 planer

Laguna PX|12 planer

Does anyone have any experience/seen any demos of the Laguna PX12 planer? It seems like its claim is that it has a large radius insert cutterhead, so even though it’s just using straight rows of carbide inserts, the lower angle means it doesn’t tear out like a regular cutterhead would. I haven’t found any (independent) reviews, though, which I would like to hear someone’s evaluation of the effectiveness of that cutterhead or whether it has significant snipe.

I currently have a (20 year old) DW734 and have been thinking about replacing it with a DW735 with a shelix head. Benefit of the Laguna I think would be the manufacturer actually intends it to run this way and hopefully doesn’t trip breakers regularly. Downside is it loses the finish feed rate.

Thoughts or experience with the PX12?

Bruce

All of the insert heads that have a facebevel knife cut with a high angle scraping action. Laguna is just plain wrong
    Thats why they take more power.
    I looked at the video of the laguna planer I see less insert. So my guess it will do better then a head with many more.
    Why don’t you buy it and let’s know how it works Its only 500 dollars
    Good Luck
    Aj