Thread: Domino availability

Domino availability

I decided I wanted a Domino 500. All of the usual sources have them back ordered until at least the end of June. I found a few of the 700 but it is going away fast. If any of you want one, Hartville tool has a few of the 500’s in stock.
    Charlie Jones

I'm tempted to throw mine on eBay right now. I hardly use it. They're going for more than I paid for it. Crazy.

I would love to have one but would never pay more than they are new!! I was able to help a fellow woodworker out and recommended he check Hartville tool and sure enough they had a few in stock. Oddly enough I saw one on the Festool Recon site this morning, it didn't last long though.

They must go fast. I checked the recon site yesterday and they didn’t have any.
    Charlie Jones

I got a DF 500 that was ordered in mid April this past week. It clearly was not fresh off the assembly line. There were some scratches in the protective film on the base of the tool. Some wear on the box. Some literature was missing. I suspect that this tool was a showroom demonstrator that got sent out to fill my order. I understand the pressure retailers are under and have no complaint. I got my order many months sooner than I was told at time of order. I found the missing literature info online. I think the tool was handled by many but no mortises were cut. I hope to wear it out in my lifetime but realistically expect it will outlast me.

I just checked Ebay. There are two 700’s listed. They are asking 2900. for each.
    Charlie Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Jones View Post
    I just checked Ebay. There are two 700’s listed. They are asking 2900. for each.
    That's really unfortunate especially considering I can them in stock right now for $1425. I really hope those people don't sell any at that price.

Blog Entries
    Last December a guy at my local woodcraft told me that they hadn’t had routers for six months due to an aluminum shortage.

I have seen shortages and delays on several products. Maybe the economy will work out the Covid kinks soon. To many jobs are going unfilled. My Domino supposed to be here tomorrow. I have a job ready for it. If I get it that quick, Hartville will get my business. They do free shipping to.
    Charlie Jones

I feel fortunate to have picked up a (barely) used DF500 from a member here back in the spring. Included the Domino in systainer, fully stocked Tenon systainer, 2 cutters in each size, and a few Seneca offset plates for $900. I thought it was a good deal at the time, little did I know the shortage that was happening.
    Still waters run deep.

That was a really good deal. I paid 980.00 for the machine and another 345.00 for the sustainer with cutters and tenons. A container load will hit the port a some point. Then they will be “cheap” again.. LOL.
    Last edited by Charlie Jones; 05-15-2021 at 3:14 PM.
    Charlie Jones

I ordered one from Harville Tools on Friday, and it shipped today. They may still have some available.

Mine came in today. It certainly meets my expectations. It is refreshing to buy something not made in China. I also got the tenon sustainer with the 4-10 mm bit set.
    Last edited by Charlie Jones; 05-18-2021 at 6:10 PM.
    Charlie Jones