Thread: Shipping question : large Table Saw

Shipping question : large Table Saw

Anyone encounter this when ordering something that can only be shipped by shipping truck?

"Due to potential fraudulent transactions, orders containing name brand products may be required to ship to the billing address."

How does this work , when you order a large heavy machine, like a Table Saw; and you can't get it shipped to your house and want it delivered to a neighbor's business instead? The neighbor's business has a large blacktop driveway with a loading dock and forklift. Will the delivery Company drop off that machine to the business , or will they require you to have it dropped off at a shipping terminal ? Seems silly to have to drive 30 miles EACH WAY to pick it up at the shipping terminal, when they could just drop it off at the business next door, and I could get it from there .
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 05-13-2021 at 8:08 PM. Reason: Defaulted text so it's readable on a large monitor

Have you called the shipping company to ask?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I've occasionally had trouble with online retailers refusing to ship to a ship-to address which is different from my bill-to address. Usually a phone conversation gets things cleared up. Sometimes I have to point out that if they don't get reasonable I will take my business to some other supplier. Once I actually had to do that.

I've actually encountered the opposite problem. A supplier of some custom grout wouldn't sell to me retail with no retailers handling their products in the area. So a friend of mine who owns a music store allowed me to pay for it and have it delivered to his music store. Give them a call and explain the situation.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Martinn View Post

"Due to potential fraudulent transactions, orders containing name brand products may be required to ship to the billing address."
    From the words, are you shipping to your home address which is not your billing address? I can see that.
    As mentioned give them a call. Shipping to your neighbor would be even harder since you may not be a "resident" at the address.

You can sometimes pay extra, and have it delivered to a residence in a truck with a lift gate. That is, if your road accepts trucks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I've actually encountered the opposite problem. A supplier of some custom grout wouldn't sell to me retail with no retailers handling their products in the area. So a friend of mine who owns a music store allowed me to pay for it and have it delivered to his music store. Give them a call and explain the situation.
    I went through the same thing. The supplier was very nice and explained that they simply weren’t set up to collect sales tax. I got a friend with a tax number to order it and I paid him the cost plus sales tax.

I "fight" with problem constantly. We have a PO Box address, but obviously can't receive UPS, FedEx at the PO Box. If I use the street number address and the company uses USPS to ship, it will be returned, since the Post Office "does not have that address on file". Mind you, I live in a tiny town, and they know me by name and associate me with my PO Box. I additionally frequently to a business address to utilize the loading dock or for valuable items that I don't want sitting on the porch. I have found that having multiple addresses listed in my PayPal account and selecting whichever I want to use for the transaction has smoothed the process. It appears these various addresses have all become "my address" over time.