Thread: Standing Desk for my son

Standing Desk for my son

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

Nice.
    Which lift kit did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Hills View Post
    Nice.
    Which lift kit did you use?
    Thank you Matt. It was the TOPSKY dual motor ordered from Amazon.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
    Ayn Rand

Very nice...mirrors my own personal desk, too! We are even using the same base. Good choice going with the beefy cherry top, too. It's a nice, solid work surface that also has "the looks". Great project!!

----

Here's my own and you can see we were thinking along the same lines. I was fortunate to be able to re-purpose what was our kitchen table top at the old house for the desk here at the new one.

NJAX5526.jpg EVIX8158.jpg VIUT4030.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Very nice...mirrors my own personal desk, too! We are even using the same base. Good choice going with the beefy cherry top, too. It's a nice, solid work surface that also has "the looks". Great project!!
    Thanks Jim! What a co-ink-e-dink!

I like the live edge on yours. I mixed my own shellac and tried buttonlac on the top for the first time. My son liked the French Polish look, so that is what I did! I “rubbed” it out by mostly using micromesh with water up to 3600 on an old rigid 5” ROS. Worked amazingly well and a lot less work than the traditional method!
    Ayn Rand

Blog Entries
    I just ordered the linear actuators & controller from Aliexpress for a standing desk that I am building. I couldn't find a prefab mechanism that had the stability at full extension that I want, so I'm going to have a go at my own design. The top will be a bamboo countertop slab, cut to size & shape. Cherry, unfortunately, is not in the budget, but I do love the look of bamboo.

Looks great Jeff your son will love that