Thread: Secondhand market of Festool

Secondhand market of Festool

Hey guys

Im thinking about picking up a CT SYS off clist. Looks clean minus the skateboarding stickers. Guy claims he just has too many vacuums and I offered $300 which he accepted.

I’ll obviously test everything out but is there anything specific to look out for when buying Festool second hand?

I typically like to buy new and have a warranty in place but times is tough and this little guy would be a big improvement to the bench.
    Last edited by chuck van dyck; 05-13-2021 at 8:13 AM.

My personal experience with Festool tools is they work and keep on working. I've had a CT26 for about 7 years and it gets almost every day with no sign of quit. I had to replace the top because I was using the thin plastic lip above the control area to lift the front of the vacuum. My bad. But no other problems.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    My personal experience with Festool tools is they work and keep on working. I've had a CT26 for about 7 years and it gets almost every day with no sign of quit. I had to replace the top because I was using the thin plastic lip above the control area to lift the front of the vacuum. My bad. But no other problems.
    Not actually your bad, that top was just made terribly. Just got my replacement one yesterday and you can clearly see it has been redesigned to not break so easily. The replacement should've been free, at least it was only $35.

$300 for a CT SYS is pretty good, I'd snap it up.

I baby the heck out of my CT26 and my front top piece is also cracked.

I just bought a RO90 with a bunch of different pads--deltas, soft/hard etc--for $325. Hope it makes my life easier and faster for maloof lowbacks. Anyway, i routinely buy festool gear sight unseen and have folks ship it to me. Convenient that a systainer is a perfect little package to mail. I havent had a bad experience yet, but i also buy mostly from other hobbyists. Its pretty easy to know when you are buying a tool that was lovingly put away versus one that was banging around in the back of a truck. Like others, i find festool stuff to be well made and long lived as long as its not abused.

Thanks guy. I shall be snatching this thing up tomorrow. Figure it will be obv if anything is off.

If anyone is looking for a replacement CT 26 or CT 36 hose garage that's broken due to the previous poor design, this is the replacement part: https://festools-online.com/204040-f...-36-fl-vp.html

Per above, it shouldn't cost much more than $35-$40.

I have a bit of a different take.

I don't think 25%off is that great of a deal, especailly if the warranty has , or is about to expire. But, a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks. Not much to go wrong on the little vac, and no gremlins have been reported with it like apex and the EC sanders.

You need to check the filter carefully, because having to replace that kills any savings.