Thread: 8" Jointers with Dovetail Ways

8" Jointers with Dovetail Ways

Looking for opinions from anyone who has owned or at least used a PM 60C, Griz G0855, Jet 718200K, or other currently manufactured 8" jointer with dovetail ways. I assume most or all are manufactured by Geetech but the designs differ.

I bought the PM 60HH about a year ago. To my understanding it's the same as the 60C, except with a helical cutterhead. It's been a great machine, and only required very minor adjustment when I first set it up.

I have the grizzly. Very happy with it
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

I have the JET-718200K with straight knives. I got it about a year ago from Acme. I went with Jet over Grizzly, because with the 10% off sale and free shipping and free lift gate it worked out to be a little cheaper, plus 4 more years of warranty.

I like it a lot. I should have bought one years ago.

The Grizzly and the Jet look to be the same machine other than the stand and switch, and they look to be based on the old American made PM60. Grizzly claims 1 more HP than Jet, but I seem to remember their amp draw to be the same.

The PM60 appears to look like the Delta 8" right around the start of their Asian manufacturing.

Both designs are pretty mature, and it probably doesn't matter which one you go with.