Thread: Consistant wiggly lines

Consistant wiggly lines

Been trying to figure out why I am getting the same wiggle lines in the same areas of the engrave.

i dropped the speed which helped reduce the waviness but even at 20mm/s it is still consistent no matter where on the bed it gets done.

I have tightened my belt, checked lense tightness, reduced device acceleration in half, even used the "hide backlash" setting in Lightburn.

i'm stumped.

Machine is a china cnc zone 100W c02 running a Ruida.
    Attached Images Attached Images

you may have a loose drive cog on one of the stepper motors, or one of the gantry bearings may be going bad, or a rail bearing going bad...

I put a new X axis rail bearing on my GCC Explorer about a year or so ago, and it was so tight that, as the bearings circulated around within the bearing housing, there were distinct tight and loose spots where the bearing balls entered and exited the housing. I was getting the same results as you are along the entire X axis while rastering, just not as pronounced. But it was bad enough I ran the machine 'dry' for many hours just to wear in the bearings so they'd roll smooth and engrave lines without tiny waves!

--bad bearings can cause the same effect...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

thanks for the input the weird thing is, its consistent to those areas of the file no matter if its large or small scale or in different areas of the bed.

If it was mechanical it would be in different areas as well, sounds like a file or settings issue.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10