Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rolling Tool Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Rick...use a light colored drawer liner. That's what I've done in my Husky cabinets where I haven't created tool specific inserts out of HDU. (which is also light colored)
    This is my solution, also. Note that you can buy the rubbery, woven-look, beige-colored kitchen drawer liner material by the roll for noticeably less money than "pro quality" mechanic's drawer liners (which usually seem to be black).
    --Jack S. Llewyllson

Gratitude is a gift to yourself.

Purity tests are the bane of human existence.

Codeine takes the pain from every muscle but the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    You have good suggestions already, and I have one more suggestion....color.

I recently bought a 52" Husky, and every time I use it I regret it. The cabinet itself is fine, but I bought a black one. Tools just disappear in those black drawers. If you need a tool and don't turn on the lights (in the daytime) it is very easy to overlook a tool.

If I could switch, ANY other color would be better. Never had this problem with my old red one. To compound the problem, I just happen to have a large selection of black finished wrenches and small tool cases. Idiot alert.
    The Husky Industrial rolling tool cabs come with soft blue drawer liners. There’s no problem seeing what’s in the drawers.

I had low end Craftsman for 20 years, i absolutely hated them, load up with any weight and they were useless. I wanted top of the line but just couldn't justify the money, so
    I went with a 41inch Homek top and bottom on sale cheeep from Northern tool about two years ago. Homak 41in. Pro II 9-Drawer Rolling Tool Cabinet / Homak 41in. Pro II 6-Drawer Top Tool Chest . best money ever spent.
    I assume they were trying to get rid of them all to make room for newer models.
    Loaded up with a hundreds of pounds, drawers dont have a problem and casters work beautifully.
    I have a US general cart which turned out to be a good deal about the same quality of the Homak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Burke View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m going to get a U S General when I get a chance.