Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transporting slider saws

Looking good Jeff, hope you and your family are doing well....Regards, Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Thanks for charing the unloading photos, Jeff.

As to arranging the shop, I certainly understand that! If you have a flat floor you have more options; if you have a slope, you'll want the machine perpendicular to the slope as the first choice and with the slope as the second choice, shimming level either way. Sliding saws really do want to be level for smoothest operation. You'll figure it out, both relative to workflow and material boundaries in at least three directions. You'll need a hair over 19' for the full travel of the wagon and space along that pathway for the outrigger when it's in use.
    Jeff — Did you decide to keep all your table saws, or is one going to be the odd-man out? You will love the slider.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Looking good Jeff, hope you and your family are doing well....Regards, Rod
    Thanks Rod! Maybe you’ll show up on a motorcycle some time? Best to you and yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    Jeff — Did you decide to keep all your table saws, or is one going to be the odd-man out? You will love the slider.
    That’s the big question Tom. I plan to mothball each for a time and see which I miss more. The Jet gets the first round, it’s pushed up against the garage door now.

I’m really looking forward to getting into the slider, sadly my schedule is really site-work heavy right now and I haven’t really had a chance to play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    Thanks Rod! Maybe you’ll show up on a motorcycle some time? Best to you and yours!
    That sounds like a wonderful idea...............Rod.