Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Shipping Dimensions on A3-31

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    140

    Shipping Dimensions on A3-31

    Finally picking up my A3-31 tomorrow from the Felder shop in Sacramento and just now realized I forgot to ask for the shipping dimensions of the unit prior to picking it up. Does anyone have that information handy or know where to quickly find it? I have an email into Felder but I'm not sure they'll get back to me before I need to head out. I was looking at renting one of the U-Haul 5x9 utility trailers with a ramp and I want to make sure it'll fit.

  2. Mine is a few years old and it's an A3-41 (slightly bigger) and it came on a single pallet that definitely fit into a 5x9 trailer.

    Thinking about it, my trailer was a 5x8 and it fit in there side by side with a N4400 no problem.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien La Madeleine View Post
    Mine is a few years old and it's an A3-41 (slightly bigger) and it came on a single pallet that definitely fit into a 5x9 trailer.

    Thinking about it, my trailer was a 5x8 and it fit in there side by side with a N4400 no problem.
    Awesome, thank you so much for the quick validation. Can't wait to get going with it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    2,975
    My A3-31 came on two pallets. I'm guessing the second one was added so a pallet jack could be used. The original one from the factory was too narrow for your standard pallet jack. I'd ask the shipper about that and see if they can remove their pallet, should they have added one.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

    Diapers and Politicians need to be changed often... Usually for the same reason.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Lebanon, TN
    Posts
    1,265

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    central tx
    Posts
    456
    Here is my A3-41, just a little bit longer than the jointer bed.

    Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 1.39.42 PM.jpg

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    140
    Picked up the A3-31 yesterday and had plenty of space on the trailer. Easy to unload the pallet from the trailer with one of those narrow pallet jacks as well. The part that REALLY sucked was getting the machine off the shipping pallet. The way you lift the machine with the bolts off the side as support for jack is cumbersome and we almost had it tip over on us. In the end we ended up muscling it off for the most part and god knows how out of whack the machine is now since we were basically lifting it by the tables. The K3 was way easier than this.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    central tx
    Posts
    456
    Here's how I got mine off the pallet, hopefully your tables aren't out of alignment.

    IMG_5936.jpeg

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Marusic View Post
    Finally picking up my A3-31 tomorrow from the Felder shop in Sacramento and just now realized I forgot to ask for the shipping dimensions of the unit prior to picking it up. Does anyone have that information handy or know where to quickly find it? I have an email into Felder but I'm not sure they'll get back to me before I need to head out. I was looking at renting one of the U-Haul 5x9 utility trailers with a ramp and I want to make sure it'll fit.
    Gabriel, was this a new machine that they had on hand or one that was in for repair or ? The reason I'm asking is that I ordered one last June and it's reportedly waiting off the coast for the next 3 weeks. Felder shipping said that the Port Authority won't let the ships off load due to Covid.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Wolfy View Post
    Gabriel, was this a new machine that they had on hand or one that was in for repair or ? The reason I'm asking is that I ordered one last June and it's reportedly waiting off the coast for the next 3 weeks. Felder shipping said that the Port Authority won't let the ships off load due to Covid.
    It's a new machine. It did get delayed though for about a month and a half due to Covid. Is your closest receiving center Sacramento? They had a bunch come in on that shipment.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crawford View Post
    Here's how I got mine off the pallet, hopefully your tables aren't out of alignment.

    IMG_5936.jpeg
    Thanks for chiming in, Tommy. To the OP, in case you haven’t already found it, here is the page with all the Hammer A3 setup videos: https://www.felder-group.com/en-us/s.../how-to-videos

    Hope this helps,

    Erik
    Felder USA Territory Representative: Central & South Texas

  12. #12
    Yep. But maybe more than one boat came? They got the ones in Delaware a few months ago. I keep getting shipping delays. It was initially supposed to come by Christmas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •