Thread: Flea market find # 2

Flea market find # 2

I posted this separately because of the amount of pictures.
    The second find was a Lion trimmer I am excited to get it because I also have a Chinese knock of that works well but it isn't the real McCoy. I looked to see if it could be taken apart for shipping so maybe in the future the Chinese one will be posted for sale. I haven't started to clean it up but my mind is racing thinking about how to sharpen it. Actually sharpening is not the problem, it is presenting the blade to the grinding wheel on the surface grinder at a compound angle that will involve a little trial and error.

Anyway pictures,

DSC03821.JPG DSC03822.JPG DSC03823.JPG DSC03824.JPG
    Last edited by Tom Bussey; 05-09-2021 at 4:34 PM.
    Tom

I’ve disassembled and shipped them. The upright posts unbolt from the bottom and it just come apart from there.
    Jim
    Ancora Yacht Service

That is what I thought too
    Tom

That's a nice find Tom. Get it at a good price?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Nice find. Used them many times . I was surprised at how many new guys thought they could be used to cut large mouldings !
    They will TRIM large mouldings.

Tom, Great Find, Ya did good!

I vaguely remember seeing those in a woodworking catalog many many years ago. They were very pricey back then. If the price was remotely reasonable you did incredible.

Stew

I've restored a vintage mitre trimmer manufactured near me.

I tried to sharpen the blades, by hand, and it proved too time consuming. I ended up shipping the set to an outfit specializing in sharpening these type of blades.

Nice find.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1615660792544_6776572524813009740.jpg