Thread: Corel convert back to outline

Corel convert back to outline

so after 2 hours of messing around I finally got the shape I want, now I can't figure out how to get it back to an outline I can cut. so how does one convert it back thanks for any help. Corel Help.cdr
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Not sure what you mean by getting it "back" to an outline, but I think you might want to select all, Arrange/Grouping/Boundary. That should create a new object that is the outline of all selected objects.

It doesn't even give me the option to group
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Select all, break curve apart, change the solid color to an outline. Left click the x and right click the black.

That should do what you need and you can group it back if you want.

ETA: Make sure your line is hairline, mine now defaults to .069 and won't vector automatically.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Chritz View Post
    Select all, break curve apart, change the solid color to an outline. Left click the x and right click the black.

That should do what you need and you can group it back if you want.

ETA: Make sure your line is hairline, mine now defaults to .069 and won't vector automatically.

Joe

Thank you that was driving me crazy. easy when you know how LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Corel has an issue with having things difficult to find. I have spent many minutes searching for something I just did minutes before.

It gets easier but is always a struggle.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Chritz View Post
    Corel has an issue with having things difficult to find. I have spent many minutes searching for something I just did minutes before.

It gets easier but is always a struggle.

Joe
    Yea I have a hard time with it. I try for hours sometimes trying to figure things out, this one well you should have seen what I started with.Finally got the shape I wanted then got stuck LOL . thanks for the bail out.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I didn't say to group anything, but I misspoke anyway. I should have said "Select all, Arrange/Shaping/Boundary", as in click on the "Arrange" tab, mouse through the drop-down menu to hover over "Grouping" and click "Boundary" in the flyout. That will create a new object outlining everything you selected.