So, after reading dozens of great reviews about it, I ordered this sander to replace my 15-year old Delta, which died recently. This was delivered to me yesterday, May 9, 2021. The delivery man left it on the front porch, which is covered. It poured most of the afternoon and was torrential when I returned home last evening. The cardboard box it was in was mush. I was pretty upset that he so carelessly left the package near the porch edge where it was exposed to the weather rather than up near the door where it was protected. I carried it to my shop, dreading what I’d find inside. I didn’t open it until today.

First, it’s very solidly built. It weighs about 45 pounds. When I peeled open the cardboard box, I discovered the sander was packed in a styrofoam nest as well as wrapped in a plastic bag. Short of being dropped overboard, it will survive being exposed to the weather while in its original packaging (Pro). There was a sanding belt and disc already mounted (Pro).

All the parts to assemble (3; 1 tension knob for the sanding disc table and 2 heavy bolts to attach the work support) were present (Pro). The assembly instructions were very clear and assembly took just a few minutes. In fact, it took me longer to disassembled the set-up I had for the POS Central Machinery Sander I purchased to immediately replace my Delta (Pro).

The dust port is 2 1/2” and I was able to retro fit what I had for my Delta sander (Pro).

I retrieved a piece of oak from my scrap pile to try this out. Oak is the hardest wood I typically work with so I wanted to truly test this. I turned the sander on and was pleasantly surprised to learn it’s relatively quiet and has virtually no vibration. I may very well not attach it to the bench; it’s that stable (Pro).

I started forming a radius on the piece of oak and quickly learned this sander is just what I need. I was rather forceful with the sanding, intentionally trying to bog it down. I was successfully able to make it bog down - once- but I was really trying and it took a lot of pressure. Far more than I typically use or need (Pro).

Admittedly, I haven’t used it yet to help create a box call, but I have very little doubt this sander is a wonderful replacement for my old Delta. My very limited testing seems to bear out the great reviews I read about this model. As it stands now, I have no Cons to report and would whole-heartedly recommend this sander.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone