Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crazy Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Krahn View Post
    Unfortunately that was not the issue.
    So what was the issue? I am guessing you have checked all this first, along with the connections.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    No two chinese lasers are the same. Even if they are supposedly identical. But are the tubes from same manufacturer? It looks to me like the power is way higher on the second machine than the first. And that could be from actually different tubes, or even as simple as the power supplies putting out more/less power at a set percent. None of these have the same ramp also. 20% for one is 25% for the other. But we would like to know if you resolved it.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    No two chinese lasers are the same. Even if they are supposedly identical. But are the tubes from same manufacturer? It looks to me like the power is way higher on the second machine than the first. And that could be from actually different tubes, or even as simple as the power supplies putting out more/less power at a set percent. None of these have the same ramp also. 20% for one is 25% for the other. But we would like to know if you resolved it.
    Still trying to figure it out. I have tried nearly everything, and to no avail. Yesterday I was able to do some pretty nice engravings when I only engraved files with one object. BMP didn't work or a vector with more than one object. Today that isn't working either. Nothing consistent is happening, so it is very hard to test. We will be testing a new controller tomorrow with a new computer to see if there is somehow a bug in the software. I had thought originally that it was a hardware issue, but there are no consistencies. One day it works to do this, but not that, the next day nothing works. Then just part of the file will engrave properly, and then not. It really is making very little sense. I have already tried a new controller, power supply, and tube. I've gone through the wiring that I can, and everything seems to be connected properly with no worn out wires. This machine has 60 working hours on it, so it hasn't seen a lot of use. I really am at a loss here.
    Rabbit QX80-1290
    TTP Stingray
    LogoJET UV2400

CorelDraw 2018

So at this point, we have tried just about all we can. Nothing seems to be working. None of the tests are showing consistent results of any sort, so the supplier is going to be trading my machine with a new one while they try to get this one going so that I can get back up and running again. I will do my best to keep you updated when I get updates on the situation. Thank you guys for all the suggestions and your time!
    Rabbit QX80-1290
    TTP Stingray
    LogoJET UV2400

CorelDraw 2018

After two weeks of struggling, it was the USB cable... I had tried a different one in between, but that one apparently didn't work either, so I didn't think it was a fix. I am now up and running again though!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Krahn View Post
    After two weeks of struggling, it was the USB cable... I had tried a different one in between, but that one apparently didn't work either, so I didn't think it was a fix. I am now up and running again though!
    Awesome thanks for letting us know
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander