Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Short Stroke Sliding Table Saw or ?

Thanks Rod. Your photos were a great help.

Which Minimax did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    My opinion on going with one brand of machine over another just for usability of blades: That's like saying you're going to go Ford over Chevy (or whatever) because the first one will use the rims you already own.
    Erik
    I can appreciate your point, Erik, and yes, ultimately, the right machine choice based on a wide variety of characteristics and suitability for the need is always the primary focus. That said, for some, the ability to use blades and dado sets that either already exist in one's shop or share the same common arbor characteristics with non-sliders can be a plus. Is it a primary consideration? Absolutely not. Is it a show-stopper? Absolutely not. Have I personally found it to be an attractive feature. Yes. (I doubt it would ever matter for a business customer for sure)

-----

Lisa, congratulations on your slider purchase! You're going to enjoy having it in your shop.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 05-11-2021 at 8:25 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Lisa:

Glad to hear the selling phase went well. I am sure you will enjoy your new machine. Good equipment is rarely a hinderance to either enjoyment or quality.

Keep us posted.

J.
    Last edited by Jacques Gagnon; 05-11-2021 at 9:16 PM.

Jacob, I went with the SC2C. I located a machine package that is supposed to be available in late June. Since my existing table saw sold so easily, I'm going to be without until it arrives. I have access to a nasty little Hitachi contractors saw if I get in a pinch. But I hate that machine.

I would be interested in hearing how you like the machine, and what you think of the transition to a slider. I've been kicking around getting an SC3C or 2C.