Thread: Corner cabinets for the shop

Corner cabinets for the shop

Any ideas or links for heavy duty storage at inside corners. Similar to the link but 3,000$ less is more my price range. All the lazy susan corner shelves for kitchens I have seen seem pretty light weight and made of plastic.
    Bill D.

https://topamericangarage.com/produc...r-storage-unit

I put in the plainest white Ikea kitchen cabinets in my workshop and I'm really happy with them. They have a corner cabinet box and you could build your own lazy susan mechanism into the box if theirs isn't strong enough. You could fill your whole shop for less than the cost of just the corner cabinet in your link.

revolving seems to be the search term. Ikea has no mention of allowed weight. I love this one on ebay but not the price. Doing all those angles would be time consuming. Not sure how the base cabinet frame is made either.
    Bill D.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 05-05-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Sounds like a great project that could be built for a small fraction of the price (although with the price of wood these days ).

I'd love to see what hardware is used for the pivoting. Is it just a linear rod, and some spacer bearings. Like these:
    https://www.mcmaster.com/linear-motion-rods/
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I think I would use a piece of water pipe flange mounted to the base. A lazy susan bearing on the bottom and something similar mounted to the top of the pipe. This way the pipe is not really loaded. I liked the old spinning nail bins at the hardware stores.
    Bill D