Thread: Bit of a storm last night.

Bit of a storm last night.

I recently had a huge tree cut down that was beside my house that was leaning when we bought the house and was getting worse. Glad I did. This was my neighboorhood today.263EB681-A96F-43DC-9F8B-D8598D859350.jpgB4EFB340-8E12-470E-80E3-51607445231A.jpg659EAD40-7B19-44E7-9B3A-4D0F6B62D5C0.jpg7FC7BD16-4ED5-4ACF-9572-C410A3AFB90B.jpg Four mature oaks
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Oh my! Great planning and foresight on you part Michael!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Good for you, looks like an opportunity for free oak lumber

One thing I've noticed is that once you own a mill, you look at the neighbourhood trees in a different light..............Glad there were no injuries............Rod.

That was one of the reasons I had some trees taken down at our old property a few months ago...they were an accident waiting to happen. Glad you had the foresight to do that with the leaner and sad for your neighborhood.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Glad nobody got hurt. Trees are expensive pets!

20 years ago a storm broke 13 large pinetrees in my backyard, putting 3 of them on my house. Down the street it broke a seemingly healthy 4' diameter beech tree in half. It is officially a microburst and not a tornado because it was not predicted. That made me feel much better.

I moved to that house because 8 years earlier another storm left 5' of water in my basement and I didn't want to go through that again.

All that's left is an earthquake. We don't get them around here, but then we don't get floods or tornados either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    All that's left is an earthquake.
    Not so fast. There are asteroids and space debris.

Did you get that big burl?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Did you get that big burl?
    The car got it first.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson