Hi all!

Last fall, I acquired a Rockwell Unisaw 34-466 (mid-late 70's). At the time I had no way of testing it out, but took it with the idea that being a project could be fun.

Flash forward to now, and I am so close to having the machine up and running after a _long_ list of replacement parts and repairs. The problem that needs addressing this time is with the motor (Rockwell 83-651: 1ph, 3hp, wired for 230v) / electrical.

The saw has new cords (magnetic switch to electrical box, motor to electrical box, electrical box to outlet). Initially, the motor turned on and off with only a slight lag and hum. I assumed the start capacitor might needed to be replaced and because the motor is still outside the cabinet, now seemed like a good time to do it. Well, the old capacitor specs were printed on a paper label that over time bled and faded and are completely illegible. An internet search revealed someone else with the same motor set up who provided the specs on their capacitor so I purchased a similarly spec'd model. (220-250 VAC, 270-324 mfd)

I installed the new capacitor today and now nothing. Wrong capacitor? If so, what specs should I look for? I'd love to have this saw up and running as soon as possible. Thanks for any advice!