Our neighbors are planning a remodel and had their lot surveyed recently. The driveway on our property is next to the yard on their side, if that makes sense. The nail their surveyor put down, to my surprise, is about 8"-10" INSIDE our driveway line. This struck me as odd: When we remodeled our house in 2012, we had a new fence put in along between our driveway and their yard. I remember purposely instructing the fence guys to make sure it was well on our side of the property line, so as to avoid any future issues. Now, our fence guys could have obviously screwed up but the other puzzling thing is this new survey nail appears to be well on our side of the concrete driveway entrance that is original City construction from way-back-when. In other words, if the new nail is to be believed, our driveway threshold is easily on their property. I have our survey from 2012 but not sure I can really interpret the drawings. Can anyone here lend some insight? Are these surveys ever "wrong"? We have a good relationship with those neighbors but "if" they want to do something about our fence, I feel like I should know more.

Erik