Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Has to be Done to Get What One Wants

Get a gooseneck trailer, and either a Pop-Up hitch, or a B&W. With the B&W, you have to get in, and out of the bed to flip the ball. The Pop Up has a handle under the fenderwheel to raise, and lower the ball with. The Pop Up works great when it's clean around the ball, but if hay, or other detritus gets around the ball, you have to get in the bed anyway.

A gooseneck pulls Way better with a load than a bumper pull, and is easier to get in, and out of tight places. I still have one gooseneck left over from when my largest truck was a 3/4 ton, but it's my most used trailer. It has a 7'x20' deck, but the deck is down low, between the wheels. That's a good, all around trailer. I pull my 70hp tractor with loader, and rotary cutter on it, and it's my main lumber hauler too, when I get less than a whole bundle of something. With the fenders above the deck, that one is not good for loading, and unloading with a forklift.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    The trucks came in to the dealer and mine came home today.

That thing has more buttons, doo dads, bells, whistles and displays than my little old brain could imagine before seeing it all.

Something with the GPS knows where the truck is and the display shows the vehicle's speed and the road's speed limit. The display can be set to be seen reflected in the windshield. Kind of made me feel guilty when going along with the rest of the traffic.

It's a Chevy Silverado 3500 HD. Candy has expressed a desire to have a small house trailer for camping.

jtk

Congrats Jim!