Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Baby Feeder Circuit Board Replacement

Delta Baby Feeder Circuit Board Replacement

Delta mini feeder.jpg

The circuit board on this feeder is not working, and new ones are not available. Do the Grizzley circuit boards work in this feeder?
    Last edited by William Hodge; 05-01-2021 at 9:29 PM.

I don't see why not , they gotta come out of the same factory.

I suspect you're about to boldly go where no man has gone before though.

I believe Co-matic is the company that makes powerfeeders for Grizzly, Delta, Infinity, and others. If Grizzly doesn't have the board then maybe Baileigh will. I'm not sure if there's a dealer in the US for Co-Matic. There's also the possibility to repair the board depending on what's broken.

What does the board do? I am not aware that it is more then a simple scr feed control. Probably not even a reverse function.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post

I'm not sure if there's a dealer in the US for Co-Matic.

...Shopgearinc sells Comatic products. Might be worth a try?

Thank you for the information. I'm going all in, where no man has gone before.

By looking up Co-Matic, I found that Grizzley sells the complete motor control assembly for $86.00. It's worth it to me to not have to repair a circuit board.

Meanwhile, Ihave another feeder coming from Grizzley, because I use that little feeder all the time. Having two would mean I don't have to move a feeder between a shaper and the rabbetting table saw.

I also have a Delta one but it's missing the gear that meshes with the teeth on the shaft. It's not needed but I'll buy one sooner or later. It's too bad Delta is dying a slow death and parts are no longer available for a number of their tools since they were sold by so many companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    I also have a Delta one but it's missing the gear that meshes with the teeth on the shaft. It's not needed but I'll buy one sooner or later. It's too bad Delta is dying a slow death and parts are no longer available for a number of their tools since they were sold by so many companies.

Um , Delta was killed off years ago.

You're dealing with the corpse or resurrection, depending on your perspective.

Could be easier just to buy a used feeder. Just my thoughts.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post

Erik
    Good idea.
    I'm getting a new feeder from Grizzley. If the parts look the same, I'm going to buy an $85. motor control from Grizzley.

I wish that there were a forum out there dealing with Asian Wood Working Machines, AWWM. Perhaps that UnisawA100 guy could start a side project. Apologies to any fans of American Woodworking Machine Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post

Erik

Oh, I don't think so.

I rarely see these used, and even when I have , theyre snatched up really quick.

Of couse, I've been wrong before and there may be a glut of baby feeders in your neighborhood.

This is the part that I need.

Speed Controller Assy Includes P/N's 40-50 Obsolete - Not Available Part Number:1348014
    Discontinued part_p_112180_2423021586.gif

If you can't come up with a replacement part, I wonder if you could use a device like Bill posted above and wire around the speed control. That's what I did with a Porter Cable router whose speed control failed and it works. One fly in the ointment would be if the motor is DC.

I would assume the SCR burned out or switches failed. If nothing else I would look and resolder the joints. What are the syptoms?
    I assume it is a 90 volt dc motor? Folks adapt treadmill mill motors and controllers for such uses.
    Bill D.

A better fit now that we know what it looks like.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/23357466817...sAAOSwkLJdhffp