Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta Baby Feeder Circuit Board Replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    If you can't come up with a replacement part, I wonder if you could use a device like Bill posted above and wire around the speed control. That's what I did with a Porter Cable router whose speed control failed and it works. One fly in the ointment would be if the motor is DC.

SCR only works with dc, ac/dc or shaded pole motors(cheap fans). If the motor has a capacitor, speed control becomes much more expensive.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Oh, I don't think so.

I rarely see these used, and even when I have , theyre snatched up really quick.

Of couse, I've been wrong before and there may be a glut of baby feeders in your neighborhood.
    Can't say ive seen many baby feeders on the used market, but 1hp units always seem to be plentiful.

I've thought about a baby feeder for a router table. Baby feeders weigh around 30 lbs. which might work on a stout cabinet style router table. The larger power feeders are I'm pretty sure too heavy. For example, Grizzly G4179 1/2 h.p. shipping weight 107 lbs. That wouldn't cut it on my router table. Grizzly's G4173 baby power feeder's shipping weight is 27 lbs. That could work, the question is 1/8 h.p. enough to be useful for things like trim and cabinet door rails and stiles.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 05-08-2021 at 9:22 AM.

Update:
    The Grizzley circuit board fits the Delta baby feeder exactly. The wiring on the board looks a little different. The mounting screw holes lined up, the dust cover fit right, and the wires just plugged in. Best of all, I had no extra parts on the bench when I was done. Now I have a second feeder for $100.