Thread: Vision 1624 slow fills

Vision 1624 slow fills

I have a 10 year old vision 1624 that is running off engravelab, for the most part it is a great machine, but in the last year or so it has developed an issue that hopefully someone might know the answer to.

When I import an eps file and apply a diamond drag fill to it, the z axis is extremely slow and it raises up much higher then needed. It only does this on the fill section, the original outlines of the shape engrave at normal speed.

This is causing a plate that should take 20 minutes to engrave to take 2-3 hours.

The x y speed when engraving the fill is fine, just the up down z axis is moving at a snails pace.

Anyone come across this before or know where to look? I've double checked the settings in the tool path and the z speed is set to maximum with no difference.

Cheers!
    Scott

I know very little of Vision machines or software, but, all tool engraving software that I DO know of has adjustable parameters for all the machine functions, like:
    Spindle zero depth adjustment (zero the tool at the substrate surface)
    Spindle engraving depth (from zero)
    Spindle engraving speed
    Spindle Z-down speed
    Spindle Z-down dwell (time it waits from reaching engrave depth to actual engraving)
    Spindle Z-up distance (from zero)

since the outlines raises/lowers the spindle normally, at normal speed, but the hatch fill is raising/lowering the spindle a ton, and slowly, then you should also have settings for separate tools used during the same job, as most machines. Usually different tools are defined by color, such as black for the fill, red for outline, etc...

Sounds like somehow the spindle-up distance and speed has been changed (or the fill-tool was changed when it didn't need to be) --Locate the settings, and change the fill settings to match the outline settings...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle