Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best 10 Inch Full Kerf Glue Line Rip Blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    So, if I rip 8/4 material doesn't the bottom half of the piece being cut have the same problem?
    Yes but its still more of an angle than a high adjusted blade and steep approach. I seem to recall reading like 35 years ago you want to adjust blade height with as many teeth in the cut as possible. Now ripping with a bandsaw would seem to suggest a steep angle isn't a bad thing. They don't angle bandsaws into the cut. Sounds like the jury is still out on this one.

I've been using a Freud 10" glue line rip blade for several years. Glue ready rips on a properly tuned saw.

Blog Entries
    What defines "glue line" rip blade? Tolerances or tooth style or???
    NOW you tell me...

I bought a Freud years ago.
    It was on sale for some insane low price from Amazon.
    I liked it so well, I bought a 2nd one at the sale price.

I never have gotten around to opening the 2nd blade & I never got around to opening the regular 28 tooth thin kerf rip blade I also bought at the same time (it was on sale also).

I can't say one way or the other if it's the "best", but, I'm happy with it.

I run the full kerf on my Ridgid TS 3660 (1.5hp contractor)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    What defines "glue line" rip blade? Tolerances or tooth style or???
    Glue Line Rip Blade is a trade name Freud uses for one style of rip blade they sell.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

If you can wait for a custom blade: Carbide Processors glue joint rip blade:
    10" Dia., Grind: GR (Triple Chip Grind; 22deg Hook), 30 Teeth, 0.094" Plate, 0.145" Kerf, 0.625" Arbor. $95
    Last edited by Ruperto Mendiones; 05-04-2021 at 2:34 PM. Reason: to include price

Glue Line Rip Blade is a trade name Freud uses for one style of rip blade they sell.
    I thought so too - but - there are several other brands other than Freud out there that use the term "Glue Line Rip".
    Maybe Freud had a patent or something that expired??!?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I always thought a "glue line rip" was more about the grind and angle of the teeth. I guess it's up to the company selling the blade to decide what grind but I've usually seen both flat grind and ATB grinds on regular ripping blades while the glue line ripping blades look like they have a triple chip grind with the beveled tooth sticking up slightly higher than the flat tooth. I was even told that some glue line rip blades have the sides of teeth not fully tapered. Instead they will be flat for a short distance before the taper begins to help not leave the swirl mark on the wood.