Thread: Biesmeyer Clone Micro-Adjust (Sawstop T-Glide)

Biesmeyer Clone Micro-Adjust (Sawstop T-Glide)

My googlefoo appears to be on strike.

What do you all use for a micro-adjust for the fence? The tap, tap, &^%$#&* routine is getting tiresome.

Thank you for your thoughts and help.

I am very tempted to get the Woodpeckers Rip-Flip, but at the moment I'm still using the tap, tap, tap method.

Found a link to a Rockler router fence adjuster that some say will work with SawStop.

https://www.rockler.com/micro-adjust...er-table-fence

I have a biesmeyer clone fence which was made by HTC. It has a micro-adjustor built in, which was why I bought it. The other thing it has is a measuring tape and a magnifying glass with a cross-hair, so you can see exactly where you've set the fence. To be honest, I use the tape plus cross-hairs much more often than the micro-adjustor.

Happy with the Incra TS-LS Positioner. Easy repeatable setting down to 1/10 of a millimeter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman;[URL="tel:3117868"
    3117868[/URL]]Found a link to a Rockler router fence adjuster that some say will work with SawStop.

https://www.rockler.com/micro-adjust...er-table-fence

The Rockler one linked didn't have the capacity to work on my Saw Stop. I do use it on the router table. They used to make one for the tablesaw but I don't find it on their site anymore. There are a lot of shop made ideas out there. I have a DRO so a jiggle of the handle will get me where I want quickly enough once I am in the neighborhood. The problem with magnetic or other "add-on" micro adjusters is that they are often in the way once you are done with them; on, off, on, off. That is more annoying than the tap-tap method in my experience ;-)
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 05-01-2021 at 9:30 AM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

General International Micro-Adjuster. With DRO, you can just dial in the dimensions.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I really miss the built-in fine adjuster on the old Powermatic round rail system. There was a build in rack on the bottom of the front rail. The pinion was on a spring loaded knob. The spring pushed the knob back out, when you didn't want to use it. To use, you just push the knob in, and turn either way. Even after using the Biesmeyer fence for a decade, and a half, I still find myself reaching for that knob. I would buy such a system that could be added to the Bies. There was not an extra locking step to do.

There is one available on ebay, that looks decent, but haven't been tempted quite enough yet. item number 122610007268

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    ... They used to make one for the tablesaw but I don't find it on their site anymore.
    The Rockler tablesaw fence microadjuster didn't work with the Sawstop Biesmeyer clone fence either. That may be why it's no longer listed: it may be in redesign.

Tom, that system was also on the rockwell/delta jetlock round rail fence. Not uncommon for the adjuster knob/pinion to be missing on a used saw. Or, maybe the moving part was a option?
    Bill D

It came on the Model 62, that I bought new in 1974. I didn't have any complaints with the round rail system, other than the gap required between the top, and any outfeed table. I still use that 62 once in a while. It's a heavy, solid cast iron top, and wings, contractor saw.

It also has the best moving system. Two wheels stick out the back, just above the floor, on heavy brackets. On the front, there are two handles that drop down. You pivot up those handles, pick up that side of the front, and the wheels contact the floor, lifting the machine so you can roll it where you want it.

I have the Woodpecker Rip-Flip. It works very well. Combined with a digital readout it's easy to dial in the exact setting. I also picked up a second set of flips so I can set 4 different widths for a project and have repeatability.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Polubinsky View Post
    I have the Woodpecker Rip-Flip. It works very well. Combined with a digital readout it's easy to dial in the exact setting. I also picked up a second set of flips so I can set 4 different widths for a project and have repeatability.
    Cliff, what DRO are you using?

Dave,

I have this one https://www.chipsfly.com/tablesaw-digital.html

It has a button calibration to 2" so I use a 123 block for setting it.

Happy with it so far.
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Polubinsky View Post
    Thanks Cliff!