Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you get a stimulus payment /

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    I received a letter like yours but it was for the second check. Seemed kinda late to send that letter. Maybe yours is the same????

I did get the last one about a month ago via check in the mail.

The letter I received for the second one stated that "by law" I was entitled to a stimulus check, but they did not send me one, and then gave me the IRS link with instructions to declare the "credit".
    To date, I have received no stimulus checks at all. Neither last year, nor this year.
    To be brutally honest though, I have been very blessed in life and I don't need them. I just hope that some one that did need one, got one in my place.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dawson View Post
    I’ve never seen it work. Many other people have never seen it work.
    Myself and everyone I know that tried it was able to see the status. Must be where you live.

Lowell, Check this website https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment It will tell you when it was sent and links for help if you did not get it. It worked for me.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Blue View Post
    Myself and everyone I know that tried it was able to see the status. Must be where you live.
    It probably had something to do with being on social security. There was a major s.n.a.f.u. with that until it was recently corrected (whereupon everything came all at once, going back more than a year.) I could comment further, but that would be getting into political influence on government operations, and we can’t talk about that here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley View Post
    Lowell, Check this website https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment It will tell you when it was sent and links for help if you did not get it. It worked for me.
    Thanks, Scott. Went to the website and discovered I received mine by direct deposit a while ago. All the others have come by check.

We received the first one by check and the third one by direct deposit. Haven't seen the second one, nor have we gotten any form 1444 a,b or c to say we received any payment.

By the way, I just got a form 1444C for my mother that she just received a third stimulus payment. She passed away March 2nd. Hoo boy, now what?

-Tom

Tom, deceased folks do get the payment for the tax year in which they passed away. Whomever is their executor/PoA has to distribute it per the will or other legal instructions.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stenzel View Post
    We received the first one by check and the third one by direct deposit. Haven't seen the second one, nor have we gotten any form 1444 a,b or c to say we received any payment.

-Tom
    We didn't initially get the second check because we changed our bank account from what was used for the 2019 tax filing. If you used direct deposit for your tax return, the IRS doesn't allow you to change your bank account number in any way except on your next tax filing. We did; however, get our money as part of our 2020 tax rebate when we filed our 2020 taxes. You do have to claim the payment as a tax credit when you file, it isn't automatic unless you claim it.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 05-10-2021 at 8:25 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    We didn't initially get the second check because we changed our bank account from what was used for the 2019 tax filing. If you used direct deposit for your tax return, the IRS doesn't allow you to change your bank account number in any way except on your next tax filing. We did; however, get our money as part of our 2020 tax rebate when we filed our 2020 taxes. You do have to claim the payment as a tax credit when you file, it isn't automatic unless you claim it.
    Thanks Lee, we know about tax credit with the 2020 tax filing. Of course before we claimed it I wanted to be sure that something wasn't sitting somewhere or lost in the mail. The problem we had was with making an account with the IRS required a cell phone number. Both me and my wife have contract cell phones and they weren't acceptable. So we have to get the activation number by mail (drum fingers on table). I'm still waiting for it. The taxes, they couldn't wait any longer!

Incidentally, we've always have gotten checks from the IRS for refunds and never have had a direct deposit from them. But the third stimulus was a direct deposit to our checking account. The more I think about it the more I need some tax time vitamins, otherwise known as Motrin.

-Tom

Blog Entries
    The more I think about it the more I need some tax time vitamins, otherwise known as Motrin.
    My tax time vitamin is easier to spell… Rum.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    My tax time vitamin is easier to spell… Rum.

jtk
    AwesRum! mine is the same number of letters. Gin. Plus a thimble of vermouth and two blue cheese stuffed olives.

But I did marry a rum gal.

Taxes are in the mail ! Always an occasion for some olives.